Are you planning to apply for Pakistani Passport? You are at right page, here you’ll find Pakistani Passport Application Process, step by step easy guide. You’ll know how to apply for Pakistani Passport. Moreover, you’ll also know how to renew existing Pakistani Passport? Therefore, now you don’t to worry about the Passport making or renewing process.
Pakistani Passport Application Process
What is Passport? An official document issued by a government, certifying the holder’s identity & citizenship & entitling them to travel under its protection to & from foreign countries.
Therefore, Passport is an official document just like Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC). But, Passport is a mandatory document for those, who need to travel abroad. So, nobody can travel internationally without Passport.
Before, applying for Passport, you should know about the different types of Pakistani Passports.
Types of Pakistani Passports
Government of Pakistan, Directorate General of Immigration & Passport, Ministry of Interior, issues following three types of Passports:
- Ordinary Passport (Green Passport)
- Ordinary Machine Readable Passport is issued to all citizens of Pakistan. (more detail)
- Diplomatic Passport (Red Passport)
- Diplomatic passports are issued to the Diplomats & other entitled categories in pursuance of Para-45 of Passport & Visa Manual, 2006. (more detail)
- Official Passport (Blue Passport)
- Official passports are issued to Pakistani Nationals, who are Senators, MNAs, Provincial Ministers, Judges of the Supreme Court of Pakistan/High Courts. Moreover, officers serving with the Government & proceeding abroad on official assignments etc. in pursuance of Para 9 of Passport & Visa Manual, 2006. (more detail)
Requirements & Fee for Pakistani Passport
Required Documents for Passport:
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) / NICOP / Smart-Card or Children Registration Certificate (B-Form)
- Original Bank Challan of Submitted Passport Fee
- In addition, Old Passport (if any)
Passport Application Fee: Pakistani Passport Application Fee depends upon following three things:
- Number of Pages of Passport
- Passport Validity or Expiry
- 5 Years or 10 Years
- Passport Normal or Urgent Application
Rs. 3000 for Normal & Rs. 5000 for Urgent processing for 5 years validity passport with 36 pages. While, Rs. 5400 for Normal & Rs. 9000 for Urgent processing of 10 years validity passport with 36 pages.
NOTE: Normal Delivery time is 10 working days, while, urgent delivery time is 4 working days.
How to Apply for Pakistani Passport?
In order to apply for Pakistani Passport, go through the following easy steps:
- Download Pakistani Passport Challan Form (Download Challan Form)
- Completely fill fee Challan Form, all three copies of challan with same valid information
- Pay fee in any branch of National Bank of Pakistan (NBP)
- Furthermore, go to nearest passport office with your CNIC, Paid Challan Form & Old Passport (if any)
In Passport Office follow the following Process Flow!
- Get your Token Counter & go to Photograph Capturing place
- After Photo, go to Biometric Data Capturing place i.e Finger Print
- Get you data entered at Data Entry point
- Verification as per Office Record (ECL/BL)
- Interview & Decision by Assistant Director
- Finally, go to Passport Delivery Counter
Important Instructions Regarding Pakistani Passport Application
Read following attached photo to read important instructions regarding Pakistani Passport Application:
That’s all about “Pakistani Passport Application Process”. In case of any query, feel free to comment below or contact us.